POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : "Unknown image type" using png's in height-field Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  "Unknown image type" using png's in height-field (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Subject: "Unknown image type" using png's in height-field
Date: 30 Sep 2001 07:18:19
Message: <3bb6ff7b@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Sorry if this was reported/fixed before (it's not in Rune's list afaik).
Using a png in a height_field fails for me. Instead I get

Parse Error: Unknown image type in image_height_at.

The png renders fine as a height_field in Mega 0.6a and is loaded correct in
Micrografx Picture Publisher.
I post it to p.b-t.binaries if it's not a general png-problem.

Marc-Hendrik

PII 450, 128 MB, Win 98, Pov 3.5 beta 4

---------- Testscene --------------
camera
{
  location  <0.0, 1.09, -5.0>
  angle 56
  look_at   <0.5, 2.1,  0.0>
}

sky_sphere
{
  pigment
  {
    gradient y
    color_map { [0.0 color rgb 0.2] [1.0 color blue 0.3] }
    turbulence 0.2

  }
}

light_source
{
  0*x // light's position (translated below)
  color <0.8,0.8,1>/3.5  // light's color
  translate <-30, 3000, -450>
}

// ----------------------------------------
height_field
{
  png
  "HFProbe.png"     // Can be found in povray.beta-test.binaries!
  scale <40,7,100>
  texture {pigment {color red 0.207941 green 0.407941 blue 0.207941}
           normal {bumps 0.01 scale 1}
  }
  translate <-22.5,-3.37,-60>
}