POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : unrealistic color-clipping Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  unrealistic color-clipping (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: CB
Subject: unrealistic color-clipping
Date: 29 Sep 2001 03:40:29
Message: <3bb57aed$1@news.povray.org>
1. The light gathered by radiosity seems to be clipped to the interval
[0,1]. This should be significant when using very bright lightsources or
ambient-only scenes. Objects in shadow should be able to get brighter than
their diffuse values, I think.

2.Pov-3.1 did uncorrectly apply color-clipping and gamma-correction *before*
antialiasing. I'm not sure whether this has been changed in 3.5 because this
is difficult to confirm without looking into the source (or measureing the
brightness of single pixels)

CB (pov-ray3.5b4/athlon-600/384 MB RAM/Win98)

Post a reply to this message

> 1. The light gathered by radiosity seems to be clipped to the interval
> [0,1]. This should be significant when using very bright lightsources or
> ambient-only scenes. Objects in shadow should be able to get brighter than
> their diffuse values, I think.

Did you try changing the max_sample setting in radiosity?

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
Home page http://www.hot.ee/margusrt