POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : another string bug (or even two) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:12 EDT (-0400)
  another string bug (or even two) (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
Subject: another string bug (or even two)
Date: 26 Sep 2001 13:58:36
Message: <3b54rt8puoibdtdsquqgv1fuo0m9mn6k30@4ax.com>
POV 3.5b4 on PII 233 128 MB with NT4Sp6

first bug is within documentation

I remember that long time ago Ron or somebody promised on news that
there will be ulimited length of strings - than why there is in the
documentation sentence "String literals begin with a double quote mark
'"' which is followed by up to 256 characters"

To check this I've declared variable with 340 characters and it was
parsed ok.

To check again I wrote little script

#local S="A"
#local Counter=0;
#while(Counter<20)
  #local S=concat(S,S)
  #local Counter=Counter+1;
#end

and it was parsed ok, too

but when I added #warning S
at end of it povray... disappeared

and it is second bug - it even not crash, just no povray on desktop or
taskbar

ABX

Post a reply to this message