POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Copy Paste wisdom... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:36 EDT (-0400)
  Copy Paste wisdom... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: JRG
Subject: Copy Paste wisdom...
Date: 25 Sep 2001 04:31:57
Message: <3bb040fd@news.povray.org>
I don't know if this is really POV 3.5 related but...
Try this:
Open a new file.
Copy a scene file (for example a signature) with CTRL+INS.
Paste the scene into the new file (SHIFT+INS) and render it.
Then copy a new scene (another signature) with CTRL+INS.
Delete the previous scene with CTRL+Z (Undo) and paste the new scene
(SHIFT+INS).
Then start the render. The editor doesn't understand you've pasted a new
scene and Povray will render the previous one.

POVRay for Windows 3.5 b4 Windows Me
--
Jonathan

Post a reply to this message

> I don't know if this is really POV 3.5 related but...
> Try this:
> Open a new file.
> Copy a scene file (for example a signature) with CTRL+INS.
> Paste the scene into the new file (SHIFT+INS) and render it.
> Then copy a new scene (another signature) with CTRL+INS.
> Delete the previous scene with CTRL+Z (Undo) and paste the new scene
> (SHIFT+INS).
> Then start the render. The editor doesn't understand you've pasted a new
> scene and Povray will render the previous one.

If the data is exactly the same why would it matter ?

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group

Post a reply to this message

> > I don't know if this is really POV 3.5 related but...
> > Try this:
> > Open a new file.
> > Copy a scene file (for example a signature) with CTRL+INS.
> > Paste the scene into the new file (SHIFT+INS) and render it.
> > Then copy a new scene (another signature) with CTRL+INS.
> > Delete the previous scene with CTRL+Z (Undo) and paste the new scene
> > (SHIFT+INS).
> > Then start the render. The editor doesn't understand you've pasted a new
> > scene and Povray will render the previous one.
>
> If the data is exactly the same why would it matter ?

If the data is not the same why wouldn't it matter ?

I have the feeling you missed the point Ken. What JRG
asked is that pasting some text in the editor should
mark the scene as "modified", so it is saved before the
render starts.

I think this should be fixed.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs