POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Isosurface CSG shadow problem Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface CSG shadow problem (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Slime
Subject: Isosurface CSG shadow problem
Date: 23 Sep 2001 13:38:01
Message: <3bae1df9$1@news.povray.org>
The isosurface in this scene has a plane cut out from it. The light source
is at the same location as the camera, so no shadows should be visible.
However, the isosurface seems to be showing shadows from the part of it that
has been off by the plane.

camera {
 location <0,0,-8>
 look_at .00001*y
}

light_source {
 <0,0,-8>
 rgb 1
}

#declare leopfunc = function {
 pigment {
  leopard
  scale 1/5
  warp {
   turbulence .3
   octaves 1
   lambda 2
   omega .8
  }
 }
}

intersection {
 isosurface {
  function {(abs(sqrt(x^2+y^2+z^2)-3)-.1) + leopfunc(x,y,z).red*.5}
  contained_by {
   sphere {0,5}
  }
  pigment {rgb 1}
 }

 plane {<1,1,-.5>,0} // reversing normal and using "difference" doesn't work
either
 pigment {rgb 1}
}

--