POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [pov+moray] crash on all errors Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  [pov+moray] crash on all errors (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Subject: [pov+moray] crash on all errors
Date: 10 Sep 2001 08:30:31
Message: <3b9cb267@news.povray.org>
(from moray3.3) povray hangs on all (and any) parse errors

in moray - scene settings -> includes -> scene comments box add the
following

*/ randomgibberish}{}{{{} /*

save scene, shrink moray window down so you can see the povray window and
press render.

the random gibberish can be anything that would normally cause pov to issue
a parse error, pov goes clunk, and causes moray to become unresponsive
aswell.

(win2k sp2, IE6, p3-650,256mb)
--
Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key

"Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote...
> (from moray3.3) povray hangs on all (and any) parse errors
>
> in moray - scene settings -> includes -> scene comments box add the
> following
>
> */ randomgibberish}{}{{{} /*
>
> save scene, shrink moray window down so you can see the povray window and
> press render.
>
> the random gibberish can be anything that would normally cause pov to
issue
> a parse error, pov goes clunk, and causes moray to become unresponsive
> aswell.

I assume this is a problem with communication between POV and Moray.  Most
likely it is a GUI-Extension bug.

-Nathan

Post a reply to this message