POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bug with selecting text using mouse in editor. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Bug with selecting text using mouse in editor. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jon P
Subject: Bug with selecting text using mouse in editor.
Date: 18 Sep 2001 04:26:31
Message: <3ba70537@news.povray.org>
Povwin 3.5 Beta 2 - Win2K Pro SP2

Go to the menu -> Options / Editor Window.  If both "Click Beyond EOL" and
"Constrain Caret To Text" are switched off (i.e. no tick next to them) the
following issue occurs -

Selecting multiple lines of text only works if you start by clicking and
holding inside a line of text.  If you click and hold on the outside of the
text (beyond the EOL I guess) then you cannot select any text in that line,
or on multiple lines.

Switching on "Constrain Caret To Text" will show the desired behavior of
selecting text with the mouse regardless of the starting position inside or
beyond EOL.

(I prefer to work with constrain caret to text - so this doesn't affect me,
but I'm sure someone out there may find it annoying)

\\ Thanks,
\\ Jon.

Post a reply to this message