POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [SOR] a bug ? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  [SOR] a bug ? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Jan Walzer
Subject: [SOR] a bug ?
Date: 7 Sep 2001 17:10:04
Message: <3b9937ac@news.povray.org>
I can't see why the following scene won't render when changing "Value" to 1.5
or lower ...

// --------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------
background{
color rgb <1,1,1>
}

camera{
 location<-2.5,0,5>
 look_at<-2.5,0,0>

}
    sor {
        #declare Value=0.2
       5,
       <0.0,   -1.0>
       <0.0,   -0.5>
       <Value,   0.5>   // <------ change Value to 0.15 or lower ... and see
       <0.3,   1.0>
       <0.4,   1.5>
       rotate z*90
        pigment{color rgb 1}
    }
light_source{
<100,100,100>
color rgb <1,1,1>
}

// --------------------------------

--
Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet>

Post a reply to this message

From: Ben Chambers
Subject: Re: [SOR] a bug ?
Date: 8 Sep 2001 21:05:02
Message: <3b9ac03e@news.povray.org>
Difference viewing angles require different values for the object to
appear... I have no idea what's going on...

...Chambers

// -------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
> ---------
> background{
> color rgb <1,1,1>
> }
>
> camera{
>  location<-2.5,0,5>
>  look_at<-2.5,0,0>
>
> }
>     sor {
>         #declare Value=0.2
>        5,
>        <0.0,   -1.0>
>        <0.0,   -0.5>
>        <Value,   0.5>   // <------ change Value to 0.15 or lower ... and
see
>        <0.3,   1.0>
>        <0.4,   1.5>
>        rotate z*90
>         pigment{color rgb 1}
>     }
> light_source{
> <100,100,100>
> color rgb <1,1,1>
> }
>
> // --------------------------------
>

> --
> Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet>

Post a reply to this message

"Ben Chambers" <bdc### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Difference viewing angles require different values for the object to
> appear... I have no idea what's going on...

So it is a bug ?

--
Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet>

Post a reply to this message

> "Ben Chambers" <bdc### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Difference viewing angles require different values for the object to
> > appear... I have no idea what's going on...
> >

> So it is a bug ?
>
> --
> Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet>

Beats me, I've been known to screw up big before :)  Maybe you're just
missing something obvious, and I'm missing the same thing...  Or maybe
someone with more technical know-how could help...  But, yes, it looks like
a bug to me.

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message