POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Question: Output folder Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Question: Output folder (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Thomas Lake
Subject: Question: Output folder
Date: 6 Sep 2001 20:52:58
Message: <3b981a6a$1@news.povray.org>
In WinPov 3.1 in the installer there was an option for setting a default
render directory for all images, I found this very handy, now it seems you
have to set this by hand.

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: Question: Output folder
Date: 7 Sep 2001 01:53:55
Message: <3b9860f3@news.povray.org>
"Thomas Lake" <tla### [at] homecom> wrote in message news:3b981a6a$1@news.povray.org...
> In WinPov 3.1 in the installer there was an option for setting a default
> render directory for all images, I found this very handy, now it seems you
> have to set this by hand.

This feature caused support problems (folks set it, forgot it, then complained
that they couldn't find their output files ...)

So it's been removed and I don't think I'll put it back. It's not too hard to
set it by hand in the master INI file, after all ... (don't forget to add it
to the IO restrictions setup if you do).

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message