POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : saving images setup Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  saving images setup (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: RWard
Subject: saving images setup
Date: 5 Sep 2001 20:19:45
Message: <3b96c121@news.povray.org>
I keep getting an error saying that permissions are incorrect for saving a
file, will a temp file be ok.  This works ok if you select yes, it saves the
file in the desired directory, but kind of tiresome to be asked each time.
I set the main pov in to Output_File_Name c:\\images, and f:\data\images
without any change in the error message

--
Ralph Ward
rwa### [at] homecom

Post a reply to this message

> I keep getting an error saying that permissions are incorrect for saving a
> file, will a temp file be ok.  This works ok if you select yes, it saves the
> file in the desired directory, but kind of tiresome to be asked each time.
> I set the main pov in to Output_File_Name c:\\images, and f:\data\images
> without any change in the error message

Sorry, but the only appropriate answer seems to be RTFM :-(

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

the io restriction is the error I am getting, is there a place to find this
in the docs;  I get the impression this is a switch in the ini file.
> In article <3b96c121@news.povray.org> , "RWard"
> <rmw### [at] swbellnet> wrote:
>
> > I keep getting an error saying that permissions are incorrect for saving
> > file, will a temp file be ok.  This works ok if you select yes, it saves
the
> > file in the desired directory, but kind of tiresome to be asked each
time.
> > I set the main pov in to Output_File_Name c:\\images, and f:\data\images
> > without any change in the error message
>
> Sorry, but the only appropriate answer seems to be RTFM :-(
>
>     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> the io restriction is the error I am getting, is there a place to find this
> in the docs;  I get the impression this is a switch in the ini file.

As I mentioned in my welcome message you really need to read through
the docs on the new Windows editor features. You can change the I/O
restrictions by going to the menu - options -> Script I/O Restrictions.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

"RWard" <rmw### [at] swbellnet> wrote in message
> I keep getting an error saying that permissions are incorrect for saving a
> file, will a temp file be ok.  This works ok if you select yes, it saves the
> file in the desired directory, but kind of tiresome to be asked each time.
> I set the main pov in to Output_File_Name c:\\images, and f:\data\images
> without any change in the error message

Did you bother to press the 'help' button in the error message box ? It's there
for a reason, you know ...

-- Chris