POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Re: Know issues with current 3.5 beta 1 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Know issues with current 3.5 beta 1 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Rune
Subject: Re: Know issues with current 3.5 beta 1
Date: 5 Sep 2001 16:54:05
Message: <3b9690ed@news.povray.org>
"ingo" wrote:
> Still no demo scene for splines

Oh, I just happen to have a spline demo scene here that hasn't been included
yet.
It's attached to this message.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)

Attachments:
Download 'splinefollow.pov.txt' (4 KB)

From: Gilles Tran
Date: 5 Sep 2001 16:57:03
Message: <3B969221.90409A4C@inapg.inra.fr>
ingo wrote:

> ** TIFF and JPEG might be broken in other ways
> See Gilles' post "Re: Known Bugs"

More specifically :
- TIFF used in uv-mapping appear inverted. The simple workaround is to
scale the map : scale <1,-1,1>
- Some JPEG give strange results of the following kind : colours are wrong
and/or the images are distorted in uv-mapping. Other JPEG just can't be
read at all (Poser users will note that this happens with maps from some
providers of Poser-related material). Workaround : use PNG instead, or try
another paint software to convert or create the JPEG. If you get a message
about "erroneous bytes", there is something wrong with the JPEG, but it can
also work all right.
These problems have been known for a while and are apparently difficult to
fix.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com