POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problem with image maps Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with image maps (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Greg
Subject: Problem with image maps
Date: 5 Sep 2001 16:24:43
Message: <3b968a0b@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

just did a first try with V 3.5. With one of my scenes I found something
which I think was an already known bug in mega-pov:
when using an image texture with "once" specified, all parts of the object
not covered by the bitmap are considered transparent. And indeed they are
invisible at the object itself but - they cast a shadow! The shadow looks as
if the entire object were solid.

Hope this will be fixed in final Version!

Greg

pov 3.5 Beta 1
Win2k
Athlon 550

Post a reply to this message

"Greg" <nos### [at] nirvanacom> wrote...