POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : sphere_sweep bug Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  sphere_sweep bug (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: JRG
Subject: sphere_sweep bug
Date: 5 Sep 2001 14:36:34
Message: <3b9670b2@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray 3.5b1 Windows ME AMD Athlon 1000 256 Megs

Too bad the sphere_sweep bug is still there:
it could look like a minor bug but it's really annoying for those (like me)
who often use sphere_sweep together with radiosity.
Just as an aside: am I wrong or there's the .bmp file of a partial render
(chess2.pov) in the advanced folder?
I also would have expected that metals.inc was changed, since ambient 0.35
and diffuse 0.7 are not the best metallic finishes nowadays...;)

Des: Coloured sphere_sweeps lead to bad radiosity:

// +qr
#version 3.5;
global_settings {
ambient_light 0
radiosity {}
}

box {-1,1
scale 12
pigment {rgb 1}}

light_source {
<0,0,0>
rgb 0.7}

#declare thing=0;  // 0 sphere_sweep, 1 torus

#if (!thing)
sphere_sweep {
catmull_rom_spline
6,
<1,0,0>,.1
<0,0,1>,.1
<-1,0,0>,.1
<0,0,-1>,.1
<1,0,0>,.1
<0,0,1>,.1
pigment {rgb x+y}
scale 2
translate -y}

#else

torus {1,0.1
pigment {rgb x+y}
scale 2
translate -y}

#end

camera {location <0,0,-5> look_at 0}

Post a reply to this message

> Just as an aside: am I wrong or there's the .bmp file of a partial render
> (chess2.pov) in the advanced folder?

I have that too.

Post a reply to this message

> Just as an aside: am I wrong or there's the .bmp file of a partial render
> (chess2.pov) in the advanced folder?

Ack

--
Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet>

Post a reply to this message

> POV-Ray 3.5b1 Windows ME AMD Athlon 1000 256 Megs
>
> Too bad the sphere_sweep bug is still there:

You'll be happy to know that I can finally reporduce this on my machine,
which means I should be able to find a soluiton.  :-)

-Nathan

Post a reply to this message