POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Balustrade in Balcony Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  Balustrade in Balcony (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bonsai
Subject: Balustrade in Balcony
Date: 24 Jun 2002 02:43:37
Message: <3D16BF32.1010405@b0n541.net>
Hi,

the balustrade in the scene balcony.pov in /scenes/advanced/balcony
doesn't render correctly in RC 6. The isosurface function of the small
columns is not correct. Maybe due to the change from ^ to pow().

So long,

Bonsai

--
<--------------------------->
    ___ __ __  _ ___ ___  _
   | _ )  \  \( )  _) _ )( )
   | _ \() |\ \ |\ \/ _ \| |
   |___/__/_)\__)___)/ \_)_)

        www.b0n541.net
<--------------------------->

Post a reply to this message

> the balustrade in the scene balcony.pov in /scenes/advanced/balcony
> doesn't render correctly in RC 6. The isosurface function of the small
> columns is not correct. Maybe due to the change from ^ to pow().

Seems to be a small conversion typo, 'building.inc' line 93:

  function { min(sqrt( x*x + y*y ) - ...

instead of

  function { min(sqrt( x*y + y*y ) - ...

Christoph