POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : crash during radiosity pretrace Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  crash during radiosity pretrace (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: crash during radiosity pretrace
Date: 25 Jan 2002 10:43:38
Message: <3C517D27.54270E7@gmx.de>
While trying to render a larger version of my last IRTC picture the
current beta crashed during radiosity pretrace in both the windows and the
linux version.  It rendered 7 hours before the crash so it's a bit
difficult to check variations of the scene, but i will try the MSVC
version soon.

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

> While trying to render a larger version of my last IRTC picture the
> current beta crashed during radiosity pretrace in both the windows and the
> linux version.  It rendered 7 hours before the crash so it's a bit
> difficult to check variations of the scene, but i will try the MSVC
> version soon.

Ok, the MSVC version crashes too and all at the same position (end of
16x16 pretrace)

Since i can't post the scene file due to its complexity it would be good
to know if others experienced similar crashes.  It is probably related to
radiosity somehow because it did not happen with much lower quality
radiosity settings.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>