POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : WinPOV status bar Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  WinPOV status bar (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: WinPOV status bar
Date: 14 Dec 2001 10:36:33
Message: <3C1A1C80.40A5835@gmx.de>
I have two minor suggestions for the WinPOV status bar.

While doing a really slow render i found that the 'last line xxx PPS'
display should IMO switch to PPM at lower rates just like the one on the
right side.

Another thing is that the 'Rendering line ...' message gets only displayed
when a new line is started, if you do a slow render with only a few lines
per hour the message regularly gets overwritten by the autosave function
if it's activated.  I don't know if that's possible, but how about
rewriting that message every 10 seconds or so while a render is running.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

>I have two minor suggestions for the WinPOV status bar.
>
>While doing a really slow render i found that the 'last line xxx PPS'
>display should IMO switch to PPM at lower rates just like the one on the
>right side.

How do you switch that facility on? I've never seen a 'last line xxx
PPS' display and I can't find any mention of any option to switch it on
in the documentation.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

> How do you switch that facility on? I've never seen a 'last line xxx
> PPS' display and I can't find any mention of any option to switch it on
> in the documentation.

It only shows up at low rates so you are probably one of the lucky guys
who never had a really slow render since the beginning of beta 8...

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

Date: 14 Dec 2001 14:03:53
Message: <87jk1u4u4lkl12o1lph5ba2ohfn89tt621@4ax.com>
On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 18:41:45 +0000, Mike Williams <mik### [at] nospamplease> wrote:
> How do you switch that facility on? I've never seen a 'last line xxx
> PPS' display and I can't find any mention of any option to switch it on
> in the documentation.

It is listed in changes.txt as change 1244.

ABX
--
#declare _=function(a,b,x){((a^2)+(b^2))^.5-x}#default {pigment{color rgb 1}}
union{plane{y,-3}plane{-x,-3}finish{reflection 1 ambient 0}}isosurface{ //ABX