POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [docs] Clarification of 6.9.3 Fog Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  [docs] Clarification of 6.9.3 Fog (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: [docs] Clarification of 6.9.3 Fog
Date: 7 Nov 2001 12:15:06
Message: <3BE96BA3.4029C775@aol.com>
Add somewhere after the fog equation is written:

Note that for this equation, a distance of zero is undefined.  In
practice, povray will treat this value as "fog is off".  To use an
extremely thick fog, use a small nonzero number such as 1e-6 or 1e-10.

Post a reply to this message

It may have been dodgy to try to push this as a bugfix, but I strongly
think it warrants a doc clarification.