POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Output file Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Output file (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bryan Valencia
Subject: Output file
Date: 5 Nov 2001 19:17:37
Message: <3BE72C72.173A1352@209software.com>
I want all my output files to go in c:\images.  I have been scouring help for how to
do this, but nothing in there helps at all.

Post a reply to this message

From: Bryan Valencia
Subject: Re: Output file
Date: 5 Nov 2001 19:43:37
Message: <3BE73288.E078BB16@209software.com>
Never mind

I found it
Just put

Output_File_Name=C:\images\

into POVRAY.ini

From: Bryan Valencia
Date: 4 Dec 2001 14:43:06
Message: <3C0D278B.40EFC282@209software.com>
I request that the output directory be made a menu option, including the POVRAY.ini
and PVEngine.ini files

From: bob h
Date: 4 Dec 2001 20:56:37
Message: <3c0d7ed5@news.povray.org>
"Bryan Valencia" <bry### [at] 209softwarecom> wrote in message
> I request that the output directory be made a menu option, including the
POVRAY.ini and PVEngine.ini files

Requests can't be made here in the beta group, sorry.

I don't understand what you said about including the povray and pvengine ini
files.
Ability to create a directory for images could be added to the Tools menu
which could also append the necessary line into Povray.ini but it's not all
that complex a thing to just edit the Povray.ini instead.  It's a one-time
event, typically anyhow.
--
text{ttf"arial","bob h",.1,0pigment{rgb 9}translate<-1,-.2,3>}

Post a reply to this message

From: Bryan Valencia
Date: 5 Dec 2001 12:39:27
Message: <3C0E5C15.9020705@209software.com>
Actually you have to add

[Permitted Output Paths]
1=%INSTALLDIR%\Renderer\ReRun
2=%INSTALLDIR%\Insert Menu
3=C:\Images

the "3=" line had to be added to pvengine.ini

and

Output_File_Name=C:\images\

had to be added to povray.ini.

All I am asking is that there be an option in the menus that set these
options from a dialog box.