POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Tiny function-script that crashes v3.5.beta.6.icl.win32 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:58:56 EDT (-0400)
  Tiny function-script that crashes v3.5.beta.6.icl.win32 (Message 2 to 11 of 11)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: Tiny function-script that crashes v3.5.beta.6.icl.win32
Date: 22 Oct 2001 17:29:49
Message: <3BD48FCD.F738ECDD@gmx.de>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> Here it is:
> (Crashes in Win98 on my 100 MHz Pentium.)
>
> union {
>   sphere { y, 1 }
> //  sphere { z, 1 }                  // Uncomment these lines
> //  pigment { color rgb <1, 1, 1,> } // to get rid of warnings
> }
>
> #local Fn = function(x) { x }
>
> #debug ""
>
> #declare Fn = function(x) { x }
>
> [...]

I think that's the same bug that made the waveform sample in the insert
menu crash.  An '#undef Fn' between should help.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 22 Oct 2001 17:35:44
Message: <3BD490F4.B514D710@hotmail.com>
I'm not able to find that waveform sample.
Where is it ?

And where can I find the bug report for this ?

Tor Olav

Christoph Hormann wrote:
> I think that's the same bug that made the waveform sample in the insert
> menu crash.  An '#undef Fn' between should help.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm not able to find that waveform sample.
> Where is it ?
>
> And where can I find the bug report for this ?

It happens to be the same as:

> Crash after constant function
> http://news.povray.org/kc3hqtkgj93f82rpkj6puvlj8f5cs7nk0q@4ax.com

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

> I'm not able to find that waveform sample.
> Where is it ?

In the insert menu: Pattern-Texture Attributes/waveform attribute

source file: Attributes.pov

> And where can I find the bug report for this ?

In fact that bug already occurred in beta 5:

> > I'm not able to find that waveform sample.
> > Where is it ?
>
> In the insert menu: Pattern-Texture Attributes/waveform attribute
>
> source file: Attributes.pov
>

> > And where can I find the bug report for this ?
> >

> In fact that bug already occurred in beta 5:
>
> Subject: Re: crashes when rendering insert menu
> Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 09:08:47 +0200
> From: Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>
> Newsgroups: povray.beta-test

Hmmm...

Thorsten says that this bug is the same as one

In that post he mentioned "POV3.5b2".
Subject: "number of parameters in functions"

Does this mean that your post, ABX's and mine is
all about the same bug ?

And that it appeared for the first time in beta 2 ?

Tor Olav

Post a reply to this message