POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Yet another "possible bug" Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:11:03 EDT (-0400)
  Yet another "possible bug" (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jari Juslin
Subject: Yet another "possible bug"
Date: 4 Oct 2001 05:16:26
Message: <3BBC28EA.3534A01A@iki.fi>
I couldn't find this on Rune's list and I can't figure out what I am
doing wrong with this one, so here we go again...

So, this also appeared when I remade MegaPov scenes to POV 3.5. There is
strange behaviour when I try to render objects that have some part of
the rgb definition over 1. In MegaPov I got expected results with this,
but POV 3.5 betas make the colors go oddly wrong; like I used byte
variable to store the colors and then set them to values over the range.

Scene below describes this bug. For what I have understood, this scene
should render similarly whether the variable "showBug" is true or false.

#version 3.5;

#declare showBug = true;

global_settings{
        assumed_gamma 1
}

background { color <0.000,0.000,0.000> }

camera {  //  Camera Camera01
  location  <     -0.200,      -0.300,       3.600>
  sky       <    0.00000,     0.00000,     1.00000>
  up        <        0.0,         0.0,         1.0>
  right     <    1.38192,         0.0,         0.0>
  angle         45//54.40000    // Vertical      40.800
  look_at   <      0.000,       0.000,       0>
}

light_source {
  0*x
  color rgb 0.5
  translate <0, 0, 5>
  rotate <45, 0, -120>
}

light_source {
  0*x
  color rgb 0.5
  translate <0, 0, 5>
  rotate <-50, 0, -110>
}

sphere {
  <0, 0, 0.7> 0.7

  material {
      texture
      {
         pigment {
           #if (showBug)
             color rgbf <0.2, 1.5, 0.1, 0.97>
           #else
             color rgbf <0.2, 1, 0.1, 0.97>
           #end
         }
         finish {
            ambient 0.0
            phong_size 70.0
            roughness 0.01
            #if (showBug)
              diffuse 1
              phong 1
              specular 1
            #else
              diffuse 1.5
              phong 1.5
              specular 1.5
            #end
         }
      }
      interior {
         ior 1.6
/* Uncomment these to change the type of oddness in the colouring.
         caustics 1.0
         fade_distance 0.5
         fade_power 1005
*/
      }
  }

   bounded_by {
    box { <-1, -1, 0> <1, 1, 2> }
  }
}

plane { // Plane001
  z,0
  material {
    texture {
      pigment { rgb <0.8, 0.8, 0.8> }
      finish { ambient 0 diffuse 0.5 phong 0 specular 0}
    }
  }
  translate  -0.851*z
}