POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Possible bug with height_fields Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Possible bug with height_fields (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jari Juslin
Subject: Possible bug with height_fields
Date: 3 Oct 2001 22:07:52
Message: <3BBBC477.C28BCD28@iki.fi>
I couldn't find any report on this one, so here it goes. My installation
of POV-Ray 3.5 beta 4 does is unable to read most of the image formats
when using them in height fields. For example using png's makes POV
report a parse error "Unknown image type in image_height_at". Using
GIF's works ok. Could this have something to do with GIF being indexed
image while PNG is not?

The code below makes this problem occur on my machine.

Windows 2000 Prof. SP2, 2*Celeron 400 on Abit BP6, 512Mb of memory.

#version 3.5;

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
}

// ----------------------------------------

camera {
  location  <0.0, 0.5, -4.0>
  direction 1.5*z
  right     x*image_width/image_height
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
}

sky_sphere {
  pigment {
    gradient y
    color_map {
      [0.0 rgb <0.6,0.7,1.0>]
      [0.7 rgb <0.0,0.1,0.8>]
    }
  }
}

light_source {
  <0, 0, 0>            // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1, 1, 1>  // light's color
  translate <-30, 30, -30>
}

// ----------------------------------------

plane {
  y, -1
  pigment { color rgb <0.7,0.5,0.3> }
}

height_field
{
  png               // the file type to read (tga/pot/pgm/ppm/png/sys)
  "blue_ball0.png"     // the file name to read
}

Post a reply to this message