POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : bug: #if inside #if Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:31:24 EDT (-0400)
  bug: #if inside #if (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
Subject: bug: #if inside #if
Date: 26 Sep 2001 12:38:51
Message: <4014rtcuuljltdavi651pt6ulht43dieh8@4ax.com>
POV 3.5b4 on PII233 128 MB with NT4Sp6

this script/line won't work

#if(#if(yes)yes#end)#end

it was reported by Micha Riser in
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/18700/

ABX

Post a reply to this message

From: Nathan Kopp
Subject: Re: #if inside #if
Date: 30 Sep 2001 23:33:40
Message: <3bb7e414$1@news.povray.org>
You're confusing the poor parser.  I think we should fix this by documenting
it as a "limitation" or maybe even a "feature".  ;-)  Actually, I'm serious
about putting in the docs that this is a limitation of the parser.  The code
is already messy enough, and trying to add this functionality is surely
going to only make it worse.

-Nathan

> POV 3.5b4 on PII233 128 MB with NT4Sp6
>
> this script/line won't work
>
> #if(#if(yes)yes#end)#end
>
> it was reported by Micha Riser in
> http://news.povray.org/povray.general/18700/
>
> ABX

Post a reply to this message

> You're confusing the poor parser.  I think we should fix this by documenting
> it as a "limitation" or maybe even a "feature".  ;-)  Actually, I'm serious
> about putting in the docs that this is a limitation of the parser.  The code
> is already messy enough, and trying to add this functionality is surely
> going to only make it worse.

I don't know if it would be good to mention it just at this point in the
docs.  There is nowhere mentioned where directives are allowed in general
so this is the thing to clearify (beginning of chapter 6.2, it right now
says 'almost any place').

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>