POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) Render progress Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  (Mac) Render progress (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Tom Stone
Subject: (Mac) Render progress
Date: 23 Sep 2001 12:59:29
Message: <3BAE1649.BF3FCFD6@telia.com>
When rendering an animation, the "overall total time" gets messed up in
the Render progress window. (for each new frame, the overall total time
restarts at 20-30 seconds).

Minor request: When I choose "Pause rendering..." in the render menu, it
feels strange to choose "Pause rendering..." again to resume it. Is it
possible to change the words in the menu to "Continue rendering"?
Also, when the words end with three dots (like in "Pause rendering...")
I usually expect a dialogue box to appear.

The problem with the disappearing "Windows" menu is still there.

Tom Stone

Post a reply to this message

> When rendering an animation, the "overall total time" gets messed up in
> the Render progress window. (for each new frame, the overall total time
> restarts at 20-30 seconds).

Thanks for pointing this out.

> Minor request: When I choose "Pause rendering..." in the render menu, it
> feels strange to choose "Pause rendering..." again to resume it. Is it
> possible to change the words in the menu to "Continue rendering"?

Of course.  This got broken sometime during the development of 3.5...

> The problem with the disappearing "Windows" menu is still there.

It is listed in the know bugs section on the beta download page, so why do
you expect it to be fixed? ;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde