POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : For Thorsten 3 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  For Thorsten 3 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Tom Stone
Subject: For Thorsten 3
Date: 14 Sep 2001 17:21:39
Message: <3BA2762A.7091A685@telia.com>
Hello again,

I just read that bug comments for the first beta isn't necessary, and if
that's true also for the Mac version, please ignore this posting.

There seems to be a problem with the QuickTime output.
The first three times I tried to render "fractalzoom.pov" (120 frames,
video-compression) the computer crashed.
So the fourth time, I thought that I should sit by the computer the
whole time and observe what happened. I decreased the number of frames
to 8. It rendered perfectly, but no QT-file appeared.
I restarted the computer and tried again - this time a QT-file appeared,
but it was empty (779 byte).

Thinking that it might have something to do with the scenefile, I then
rendered a simpler scene: "ambient.pov". It resulted in an empty QT-file
also (779 byte).

I then tried to use the .ini-file instead - but that resulted in one
single image titled "ambient.tga", even though the info in the .ini-file
said that 26 frames should be rendered.

Sorry that I can't give more detailed information than this. Any
suggestions?

My configuration is:
Power Macintosh G3
System 9.0.4
Quicktime version 4.0.3
..and the latest CarbonLib is installed

Btw: it looks like the folders "animate" and "animation" in the
"scenes"-folder has almost identical content. Except for the
"fractalzoom.pov" file in the folder "animations".

All the best,
Tom

Post a reply to this message

> Btw: it looks like the folders "animate" and "animation" in
> the "scenes"-folder has almost identical content. Except for
> the "fractalzoom.pov" file in the folder "animations".

That must be a mac-specific issue as I don't see any animate folder here.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)

> That must be a mac-specific issue as I don't see any animate folder here.

No, it isn't.  It is an accident resulting from different master copies of
the scene directory...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

> > That must be a mac-specific issue as I don't see any
> > animate folder here.
>
> No, it isn't.  It is an accident resulting from different
> master copies of the scene directory...

Well, by "mac-specific issue" I simply meant that it was an issue with the
mac version only, regardless of the reason... :)