POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc] 6.5.1.12 SOR Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  [doc] 6.5.1.12 SOR (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Jan Walzer
Subject: [doc] 6.5.1.12 SOR
Date: 7 Sep 2001 16:29:12
Message: <3b992e18@news.povray.org>
1. Sentence: ...rotating the graph of a function "about" the y-axis ....

shouldn't it be "around" ???

OK .. my english is not the best ... maybe its american *g ...

--
Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet>

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Subject: Re: [doc] 6.5.1.12 SOR
Date: 7 Sep 2001 17:57:27
Message: <Xns9115F3B5CE8E6seed7@povray.org>
in news:3b992e18@news.povray.org Jan Walzer wrote:

> 1. Sentence: ...rotating the graph of a function "about" the y-axis
> shouldn't it be "around" ???

Seem logic to me, I'll change unless somebody speaks up.

Ingo

> > 1. Sentence: ...rotating the graph of a function "about" the y-axis
> > shouldn't it be "around" ???
>
> Seem logic to me, I'll change unless somebody speaks up.

Webster's New World Dictionary

about: (from Old English "onbutan" meaning "around") adv. 1) all around 2)
near 3) in an opposite direction 4) nearly.

Therefore, it works in that sentence. Changing it might make it clearer for
everybody, though.

Post a reply to this message