POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : ANNOUNCEMENT: povray.beta-test.binaries Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUNCEMENT: povray.beta-test.binaries (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Ken
Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: povray.beta-test.binaries
Date: 6 Sep 2001 00:12:16
Message: <3B96F87D.9449B9F6@pacbell.net>
Greetings,

A new group has been added to the news server called povray.beta-test.binaries.

This group may be used to post binary attachments such as images illustrating
a potential bug, larger than normal problem scene files that won't fit in
a text based message, or items such as .ttf files the POV-Team may request
you to post to track down a problem. Please don't post very large scene
files unless you are asked to do so by one of the TAG or POV-Team members.

As with the other binary groups on this server try to keep your file sizes
down to a reasonable level - say under 200k if at all possible. Under 100k
is actually preferred.

If you have a very small thumbnail image under 10k that illustrates a
problem we won't complain *too* loudly if you post it here in this group
but if it gets out of hand we may restrict binaries in this group
completely.

The povray.beta-test.binaries group is not to be used to show off your
lastest and greatest new image created with v3.5. Please continue using
povray.binaries.images for that purpose.

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group