POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Multi-byte-Path File Probrem Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Multi-byte-Path File Probrem (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Tsurumaki Yusuke
Subject: Multi-byte-Path File Probrem
Date: 5 Sep 2001 13:29:14
Message: <20010906015436.8ED1.TSURU@ringo.sakura.ne.jp>
Ver.: v3.5 beta 1
O/S: Win98/SE(Japanese)
Computer: AMD Duron 800, 512MB

When I open a scene file including muilti-byte string in it's path,
that's OK in Editor, but on rendering, POV-Ray gets error.

The Name of the scene file is  E:\works\cg\******\scene1.pov
(****** is multi-byte string)
The error message is like this.
Possible Scene File Parser Initialization Error: could not find file
'E:\works\cg\.pov'
Scene File Parser Initialization Error: cannot open input file.

If I remember correct, the same thing happened on 3.1e or older, but
fixed on 3.1g.

If I change '******' to ASCII string, it's OK. but, I often name
folders using multi-byte strings, because it's useful for me as a
Japanese Windows user.
I think many people with MBS Windows(Chinese, Korean, etc...) are the
same.
I would applicate if you can fix it like 3.1g.

--
Tsurumaki Yusuke <tsu### [at] ringosakuranejp>

Post a reply to this message