Am 12.08.2016 um 13:56 schrieb architype:
> Ok the 1024x768 AA 0.01 scene...
> I added some more transformations to increase parse time and thus
> get a more reliable estimate. The test version ran just fine:
> 5 361 423 objects
> render time 4m 58s
> peak mem 4 138 655 744 byte
> parse 43.9 s
> bounding time 90.9 s
> but the standard version would not run but crashed...:p
> So the improvement in parse time seems correct and consistent but
> the memory seem uncertain, or rather in my test it is not verified.
I wouldn't be too surprised if the standard version hit a brick wall at
4 GB for one reason or another.
As for the speed increase, I didn't expect any, but it might be a side
effect of the reduced memory footprint, which could be improving cache
Post a reply to this message