POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Pellet Power 2020 Server Time
29 Mar 2024 06:43:24 EDT (-0400)
  Pellet Power 2020 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Uncle Josh
Subject: Pellet Power 2020
Date: 4 Sep 2020 23:50:00
Message: <web.5f530a8ca411f2e8313019390@news.povray.org>
Long time non-raytracer coming back after, oh, I dunno, 15 years?

I decided to pick up POV-Ray again and updated my 2001 IRTC entry called Pellet
Power.

I cleaned up the code, adjusted timings, and the whole thing rendered in 5 hours
13 minutes.

I've uploaded it to YouTube.

https://youtu.be/AUlLQhpU9D4

Along the way I had to update and improve my animator.inc file and the utility
to seamlessly connect bicubic patches.

I may be back to ray-tracing more often.

Post a reply to this message

> I cleaned up the code, adjusted timings, and the whole thing rendered in 5 hours
> 13 minutes.

nice.  a couple of kW/h well spent.  :-)

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

> Long time non-raytracer coming back after, oh, I dunno, 15 years?
>
> I decided to pick up POV-Ray again and updated my 2001 IRTC entry called Pellet
> Power.
>
> I cleaned up the code, adjusted timings, and the whole thing rendered in 5 hours
> 13 minutes.
>
> I've uploaded it to YouTube.
>
> https://youtu.be/AUlLQhpU9D4
>
> Along the way I had to update and improve my animator.inc file and the utility
> to seamlessly connect bicubic patches.
>
> I may be back to ray-tracing more often.

Nice! The time allowed for reading the sign is slightly short maybe?

Post a reply to this message