POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : What are best-practice options for animation? Server Time
16 Apr 2024 00:48:05 EDT (-0400)
  What are best-practice options for animation? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Kima
Subject: What are best-practice options for animation?
Date: 18 Aug 2020 19:25:00
Message: <web.5f3c626442dfe247ecc0fada0@news.povray.org>
Many options like +J and +TH randomly create noise to improve the visual
appearance. Although they perfectly work on a single image, I think they create
visible noises in animation when the background of frames should be identical
for a smooth transition.

Do you have any advice for adjusting the command parameters to eliminate noises
as a result of the difference between frame pixels?

Or generally, any trick for FFmpeg video generation of POV-RAY images?

Post a reply to this message

> Although they perfectly work on a single image, I think they create
> visible noises in animation when the background of frames should be identical
> for a smooth transition.

Correct - all images should be generated in a reproducible way - no crand or any
of the other jitter-type effects.

> Do you have any advice for adjusting the command parameters to eliminate noises
> as a result of the difference between frame pixels?

I myself have only ever used pretty simple settings.   height, width, and
antialiasing.

> Or generally, any trick for FFmpeg video generation of POV-RAY images?

I haven't done one in a while, but I posted my command line options here:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/message/%3Cweb.5b5540daa3d27573458c7afe0%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb
.5b5540daa3d27573458c7afe0%40news.povray.org%3E