POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : doing simulations in povray? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 11:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  doing simulations in povray? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: rick
Subject: doing simulations in povray?
Date: 19 Feb 2003 18:05:32
Message: <web.3e540cbd7190d5ef25600f270@news.povray.org>
I'm fairly new to POVray.
I'm interested in programming some simulations using POVray - but I need to
propagate values from one frame to the next. How do I do that in POVray?
everything I read says that motion is based on the value of the clock
variable but I want to do a forward simulation where I set initial values
and then generate a number of frames based on values calculated according
to frame-by-frame updates.

rick
rep### [at] netscapenet

Post a reply to this message

"rick" <rep### [at] netscapenet> wrote in message
> I'm fairly new to POVray.
> I'm interested in programming some simulations using POVray - but I
need to
> propagate values from one frame to the next. How do I do that in
POVray?
> everything I read says that motion is based on the value of the clock
> variable but I want to do a forward simulation where I set initial
values
> and then generate a number of frames based on values calculated
according
> to frame-by-frame updates.
>
> rick
> rep### [at] netscapenet

See section 6.2.3 of the manual, which covers file i/o.  You'll need to
write out your values to a text file, and read them back in for the next
frame.  I guess it's not the most elegant way of doing things, but it
works.

Post a reply to this message

>See section 6.2.3 of the manual, which covers file i/o.  You'll need to
>write out your values to a text file, and read them back in for the next
>frame.  I guess it's not the most elegant way of doing things, but it
>works.

rick
rep### [at] netscapenet