POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : multiple scenes in one render Server Time
8 Jul 2024 14:05:52 EDT (-0400)
  multiple scenes in one render (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: nathan 2002
Subject: multiple scenes in one render
Date: 16 Aug 2002 10:00:16
Message: <web.3d5d0483b455187d1336c7230@news.povray.org>
There are two situations I can think of that would want a picture moving
within a seperate scene;

1. The myst-type book (what I'm trying now)

2. A realistic TV screen (picture moving, but camera on a different scene)

both sould have limitations;

lighting of one scene doesn't effect the other, clocks are allowed different
speeds, etc.

It would essentially call for two renders in one scene, with one used as a
image map in another- but how would you get it to go automatically?

N.

Post a reply to this message

> There are two situations I can think of that would want a picture moving
> within a seperate scene;
>
> 1. The myst-type book (what I'm trying now)

What is that ?

> 2. A realistic TV screen (picture moving, but camera on a different scene)
>
> both sould have limitations;
>
> lighting of one scene doesn't effect the other, clocks are allowed different
> speeds, etc.
>
> It would essentially call for two renders in one scene, with one used as a
> image map in another- but how would you get it to go automatically?

The portal patch used to allow this kind of thing with Megapov.
If lighting condition are a concern, separation of the space is the
solution (just put the "TV" scene in a place that cannot be seen from
the first).

Other solution is to render the TV scene, and then use the image file of
it in the second scene. Twice as many pictures for an animation...

Post a reply to this message

>> 1. The myst-type book (what I'm trying now)

>What is that ?

A so-far trilogy of popular non-violent strategy games- Myst, Riven, &
Exile.

How would one define a seperate (second) render from an ini file?

N.

Post a reply to this message