POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : frames to quality animation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 15:32:48 EDT (-0400)
  frames to quality animation (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Tony LaVigne
Subject: frames to quality animation
Date: 15 Aug 2002 14:05:02
Message: <web.3d5bec2d39bde424c7e287770@news.povray.org>
I've been trying to get quality animation but I'm not sure how to.  I've
seen
so many incredible mpegs and it breaks my heart that I can't even get close.

My best to date is
http://tiger.seatech.fau.edu/~sonar/IMG/modem50.mpg  (500 Kbyte)

I've found that quanity doesn't alway mean quality.  That is although I may
have 20 frames/second it still poor  (not to mention how large it can be).

I'd like a procedure or two that I  works and then I could go from there.
A couple of my procedures have been

A)-Produce bitmap frames
  -Make AVI using Avi Creator v1.0
  -Optionally to use avi2mpg v0.1 to get mpeg
 This is how  I produced the one linked above.

B)-Use cmpeg front end loaders.
       I've been able to produce something out of this
 but  I've been stifled by not understanding it enough
 and it claiming that I don't have tag8.3 type files
 when I've been outputing in my povray .ini file
 OutputFileType = tag8.3;

Are my versions not advanced enough?
Maybe I should be paying for some software?
Thanks
Tony

Post a reply to this message