POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Capitol Server Time
10 Dec 2022 05:07:23 EST (-0500)
  Capitol (Message 1 to 9 of 9)  
From: m@b
Subject: Capitol
Date: 19 Feb 2022 22:27:04
Message: <6211b508@news.povray.org>
<https://youtu.be/msDLJ0bQoF4>

My rendition of the Capitol Building, USA

m@


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Capitol
Date: 20 Feb 2022 02:19:27
Message: <6211eb7f$1@news.povray.org>
Op 20/02/2022 om 04:27 schreef m@b:
> <https://youtu.be/msDLJ0bQoF4>
> 
> My rendition of the Capitol Building, USA
> 
> m@

Wow! Excellent work. A tour inside next? :-)

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: Capitol
Date: 20 Feb 2022 06:55:00
Message: <web.62122bf7c2dc43ed4cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
That is really impressive-- the animation, the very complex model, and even the
jaunty and fun music choice. That statue on top of the dome is a beauty; I guess
that's a pre-made model that you found somewhere?

For the beginning of the animation, I was wondering if you chose to substitute a
much-less complex Capitol model, just to cut down on scene parsing time. Not
that it *looks like* a simpler one, of course.


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Capitol
Date: 20 Feb 2022 10:50:00
Message: <web.621262dac2dc43ed1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"m@b" <sai### [at] googlemailcom> wrote:
> <https://youtu.be/msDLJ0bQoF4>
>
> My rendition of the Capitol Building, USA
>
> m@

Careful,


The FBI seized a "fully constructed" Lego set of the U.S. Capitol from the home
of an alleged insurrectionist.




We might soon be reading about how the goon squad conducted a pre-dawn raid on
your house, and recovered models, files, computer equipment, and a
fully-detailed digital model of the Capitol Building....   Authorities couldn't
comment on Matthew's intent, but stated, "It's unclear why he made the CAD-like
detailed model.... " A pseudonymous member of the online forum focused on the
software package Matthew used to render the model commented, "... but the
textures were amazing.  The lighting achieved a great balance of shadows and
highlights, and the camera positioning throughout the animation was beautifully
executed."  Digital pictures ("renders") of Matthew were posted to the forum,
where he was wearing a mask, and the images were cleverly obscured via a
sophisticated computer algorithm, presumably to obscure his identity and thwart
facial recognition software.


Of course, on the other hand, Joe Biden might pardon you like Slick Willy did
for Susan Rosenberg.

Rosenberg was charged with a role in bombings at the U.S. Capitol, the U.S.
National War College and the New York Patrolmen's Benevolent Association
building, but these charges were dropped as part of a plea deal by other members
of her group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Rosenberg

Now she's the vice-chair of Thousand Currents that fiscally sponsors Mostly
Peaceful protests.

https://www.influencewatch.org/person/susan-rosenberg/


It's a funny world we live in, and the rabbit hole goes _DEEP_


Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: Capitol
Date: 20 Feb 2022 17:25:00
Message: <web.6212bf6fc2dc43ed4cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> "m@b" <sai### [at] googlemailcom> wrote:
> > <https://youtu.be/msDLJ0bQoF4>
> >
> > My rendition of the Capitol Building, USA
> >
> > m@
>
> Careful,
>
> The FBI seized a "fully constructed" Lego set of the U.S. Capitol from
> the home of an alleged insurrectionist.
>

FUNNY! If not true.
Funny and SCARY! If true.

"President Of Lego International Company Arrested For Sedition!"
"FBI Seizes Assets Of Lego Company In Pre-Dawn Raid!"

Legos! Of course! So *that's* how the insurrectionists developed their
perfectly-executed plan (????) of taking over the Capitol. Of course, these
geniuses first had to learn how to build with Legos: "Hmm, I put one brick
here...then another brick there..." After 8 years and 27 failed attempts, they
finally had their Capitol  model. With a precision of one Lego brick.

Personally, I use Meccano toys and Erector Sets to build *my* insurrectionist
model of the Capitol. That way, I can add fun stuff like working elevators, and
the tram in the basement. It's all about the details :-P


Post a reply to this message

From: m@b
Subject: Re: Capitol
Date: 20 Feb 2022 23:32:49
Message: <621315f1$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/02/2022 7:54 pm, Kenneth wrote:
> That is really impressive-- the animation, the very complex model, and even the
> jaunty and fun music choice. That statue on top of the dome is a beauty; I guess
> that's a pre-made model that you found somewhere?

Yes - from here: 
<https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqa2s1R3JmektqZWVJUkJncnhsaDE5SXBtRFhnZ3xBQ3Jtc0ttQjdOa0hFMFhiMGthY280a3RRUGxPNEpPc2h0bzgyVlB2TUItSE5rRDBNbHJCTTBqS21Rem5RVkdlR20zTllQMHJXcWhENnJVYlYzZ21xYXVqR085WHBxVFV6bFJYb2lMeEhUdVRCMlNQUXJvTlF3VQ&q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thingiverse.com%2Fthing%3A656337%2Ffiles&v=msDLJ0bQoF4>

> 
> For the beginning of the animation, I was wondering if you chose to substitute a
> much-less complex Capitol model, just to cut down on scene parsing time. Not
> that it *looks like* a simpler one, of course.

For the overhead shot I did not render anything below roof height.

There is a low-fi version of the statue for the for the more distant 
shots. (the full version is 1 000 000 vertices, so slow to load)


Post a reply to this message

From: m@b
Subject: Re: Capitol
Date: 20 Feb 2022 23:34:26
Message: <62131652$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/02/2022 11:48 pm, Bald Eagle wrote:
> "m@b" <sai### [at] googlemailcom> wrote:
>> <https://youtu.be/msDLJ0bQoF4>
>>
>> My rendition of the Capitol Building, USA
>>
>> m@
> 
> Careful,
> 
> 
> The FBI seized a "fully constructed" Lego set of the U.S. Capitol from the home
> of an alleged insurrectionist.
> 
> It’s unclear why he had the Lego set.
> 
> 
> We might soon be reading about how the goon squad conducted a pre-dawn raid on
> your house, and recovered models, files, computer equipment, and a
> fully-detailed digital model of the Capitol Building....   Authorities couldn't
> comment on Matthew's intent, but stated, "It's unclear why he made the CAD-like
> detailed model.... " A pseudonymous member of the online forum focused on the
> software package Matthew used to render the model commented, "... but the
> textures were amazing.  The lighting achieved a great balance of shadows and
> highlights, and the camera positioning throughout the animation was beautifully
> executed."  Digital pictures ("renders") of Matthew were posted to the forum,
> where he was wearing a mask, and the images were cleverly obscured via a
> sophisticated computer algorithm, presumably to obscure his identity and thwart
> facial recognition software.
> 
> 
> Of course, on the other hand, Joe Biden might pardon you like Slick Willy did
> for Susan Rosenberg.
> 
> Rosenberg was charged with a role in bombings at the U.S. Capitol, the U.S.
> National War College and the New York Patrolmen's Benevolent Association
> building, but these charges were dropped as part of a plea deal by other members
> of her group.
> 
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Rosenberg
> 
> Now she's the vice-chair of Thousand Currents that fiscally sponsors Mostly
> Peaceful protests.
> 
> https://www.influencewatch.org/person/susan-rosenberg/
> 
> 
> It's a funny world we live in, and the rabbit hole goes _DEEP_
> 
> 

Brilliant.

And scene description language is a good way to distribute plans 
covertly :-)

m@


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Capitol
Date: 21 Feb 2022 06:30:00
Message: <web.6213774dc2dc43ed1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"m@b" <sai### [at] googlemailcom> wrote:

> Brilliant.
>
> And scene description language is a good way to distribute plans
> covertly :-)

SHHHHHH!   Inner Circle ONLY!


Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Capitol
Date: 21 Feb 2022 13:14:48
Message: <6213d698$1@news.povray.org>
On 2022-02-21 00:32 (-4), m@b wrote:
> On 20/02/2022 7:54 pm, Kenneth wrote:
>> That is really impressive-- the animation, the very complex model, and
>> even the
>> jaunty and fun music choice. That statue on top of the dome is a
>> beauty; I guess
>> that's a pre-made model that you found somewhere?
> 
> Yes - from here:
>
<https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqa2s1R3JmektqZWVJUkJncnhsaDE5SXBtRFhnZ3xBQ3Jtc0ttQjdOa0hFMFhiMGthY280a3RRUGxPNEpPc2h0bzgyVlB2TUItSE5rRDBNbHJCTTBqS21Rem5RVkdlR20zTllQMHJXcWhENnJVYlYzZ21xYXVqR085WHBxVFV6bFJYb2lMeEhUdVRCMlNQUXJvTlF3VQ&q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thingiverse.com%2Fthing%3A656337%2Ffiles&v=msDLJ0bQoF4>

"Statue of Freedom - US Capitol by ckharrison10 is licensed under the
Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
By downloading this thing, you agree to abide by the license: Creative
Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives"

So which is it, ckharrison10?  Is it Attribution Share-Alike or is it
Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivatives?  Those are two very different
licenses!


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.