POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Tales from a RenderFarm Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:55:52 EDT (-0400)
  Tales from a RenderFarm (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Dick Balaska
Subject: Tales from a RenderFarm
Date: 5 Oct 2019 00:19:00
Message: <5d9819b4$1@news.povray.org>
No new video, just words.

It's been 13 months since I worked on my video.  I got involved playing
Minecraft. :)  Six months into that, I decided I really needed to
upgrade my very serviceable video card from a GeForce GT 625 to a GTX 1650.

I was growing weary of Ubuntu, no, weary of Gnome - "You will take the
GUI we give you, and you will like it".  Last week they decided I wanted
white.  White windows, white borders, white border edges. You can't tell
where one window ends and another begins. Good luck grabbing the
resizing edge.  And I was tired of no system menu, what games do I have
installed?  `ls /usr/games` is tedious.

So I did a backup and reformatted my disk as Mint 19.2.

While hand-copying everything back, I noticed tteoac-1080p.mp4, decided
to give it a play.

Holy crap! It looks brilliant!  I never suspected that the video card
was the issue because I could play Blu-ray discs just fine.

So now I'm setting the whole farm back up so I can build a full 1080p
video. (I stopped building it after 2 minutes of video because it looked
like crap).

And, I'm working on my space scene again while that runs. :)