POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : alpha channel in animations Server Time
5 Jul 2024 12:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  alpha channel in animations (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Fabien Mosen
Subject: alpha channel in animations
Date: 26 Feb 2003 06:19:18
Message: <3e5ca2b6$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I'm currently doing some simple animations for a friend who
will need to composite them with other video sources.

Do you know of any video format that preserves the alpha
channel of the rendered frames ?  Or any other procedure
that will allow us to manage the transparency information
with the compositing software ?

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

"Fabien Mosen" <fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I'm currently doing some simple animations for a friend who
> will need to composite them with other video sources.
>
> Do you know of any video format that preserves the alpha
> channel of the rendered frames ?  Or any other procedure
> that will allow us to manage the transparency information
> with the compositing software ?

See 6.7.1.5.3  Using the Alpha Channel in the docs. I've never actually used it, but
it seems
fairly clear.

Andy Cocker

Post a reply to this message