POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : w98se newbie seeking tips Server Time
8 Jul 2024 15:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  w98se newbie seeking tips (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: rurik leffanta
Subject: w98se newbie seeking tips
Date: 16 Aug 2002 09:51:03
Message: <3d5d0347@news.povray.org>
just getting started in animation (+bicubic patches as well..) thought i'd
bash heads..

any suggestions on mpg compilers for a w98se system?

currently using avicreator, will try virtualdub today.. i've installed
povray on my very precious audio pc which i'm not anxious to reformat my
system any time soon (ie. i'll avoid tmpg enc) and so hope no one minds me
repeating this age-worn question (i know where the povray page is :)

apart from formatisers (anything add sound, compress to dialup densities??)
any tips on improving my scene are welcome :p it's for a rap video.. giant
fish chases submarine full of rappers. i like the fish simple (only used
briefly) but tips on improving water would be nice.. i'm a stark beginner..
supposed to be light tropical waters. blue fog, slight turbulence. really
scared about experimenting with radiosity/refracting light thru waves.
keeping this cheap and cheerful so my pc won't take all month to render it.

i have some little details.. tiny fish.. some bubbles, so hoping to convey
story thru correct placement/animation mainly, hoping little touches flesh
it in the imagination enough.

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/forums/attatchments/scene_big_fish_wiggle
test.jpg

also.. ask me about music for your animation..
http://home.earthlink.net/~plattermatic

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 06:53:18 -0700, "rurik leffanta"
<pla### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> any suggestions on mpg compilers for a w98se system?

you mean something like http://www.tmpgenc.net/ ?

ABX