POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Frame number in status bar Server Time
8 Jul 2024 13:59:50 EDT (-0400)
  Frame number in status bar (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Tek
Subject: Frame number in status bar
Date: 26 Jul 2002 09:42:04
Message: <3d4151ac$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I just re-rendered the insert menu icons and noticed it did some very clever
things with ini files to allow it to put each frame in the right directory
etc... Well I've read the source and figured out how most of it works (or at
least the bits I want to do) but I can't figure out one last thing: How do
you get it to show just the frame number in the status bar at the bottom of
the window?

When I render an animation it usually tells me which row it's on (which
isn't much use if the frames render quickly). I've turned that off using
Verbose=off, but now it flashes the frame number: e.g. "Rendering frame 30
of 249", but then immediately replaces that text with "Rendering...", which
is really annoying if I want to just quickly glance at it to check how far
through the animation it's got!

Is it possible to leave the "frame n of m" text there all the time? Or was
it something special done only for the insert menu render?

Cheers
--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:39:19 +0100, "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> Is it possible to leave the "frame n of m" text there all the time? Or was
> it something special done only for the insert menu render?

"frame n of m" is written in message window (I expect you are using WinPOV
becouse you are talking about status bar with frame in case IMenu rendering).
Is it sufficient ?

ABX

Post a reply to this message

Well I can check that, but it's less convenient. Besides I want to know how
it was done for the insert menu renders :)

> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:39:19 +0100, "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> > Is it possible to leave the "frame n of m" text there all the time? Or
was
> > it something special done only for the insert menu render?
>
> "frame n of m" is written in message window (I expect you are using WinPOV
> becouse you are talking about status bar with frame in case IMenu
rendering).
> Is it sufficient ?
>
> ABX

Post a reply to this message