POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Solid sections of star polytope Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:34:40 EDT (-0400)
  Solid sections of star polytope (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Russell Towle
Subject: Solid sections of star polytope
Date: 27 Jul 2001 20:23:49
Message: <3B621406.1EBFFD18@neworld.net>
Hi,

At

http://home.inreach.com/rtowle/Polytopes/star_polytopes/starsection.html

is a 550K Quicktime movie of parallel solid sections of the
four-dimensional regular star polytope, {5/2,3,3}. The individual
sections--about 120 of them--were found using Mathematica, and an
#include file written for each section. The POV scene file calls each
#include by number.

The sequence of sections more or less makes a morphing of star
polyhedra.

Post a reply to this message

It sort of makes me want to see more .. maybe slower or something.

Any thoughts to a texture?

        == John ==

"Russell Towle" <rto### [at] neworldnet> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> At
>
> http://home.inreach.com/rtowle/Polytopes/star_polytopes/starsection.html
>
> is a 550K Quicktime movie of parallel solid sections of the
> four-dimensional regular star polytope, {5/2,3,3}. The individual
> sections--about 120 of them--were found using Mathematica, and an
> #include file written for each section. The POV scene file calls each
> #include by number.
>
> The sequence of sections more or less makes a morphing of star
> polyhedra.

Post a reply to this message