POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 Server Time
2 May 2024 07:32:24 EDT (-0400)
  Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 (Message 20 to 29 of 41)
From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11
Date: 29 May 2023 10:25:00
Message: <web.6474b501cfce83799b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>

> It is available at the POV-Ray site itself:
>
> https://www.povray.org/ftp/pub/povray/Old-Versions/Official-3.5/Windows/

Great! Many thanks. Just out of curiosity, is there an obvious or official link
to that page, somewhere in the newsgroups?

I wonder if there are even earlier versions available, tucked away in some
equally obscure(?) location.

[JR wrote:]
> if you can find someone to build it for you/your Windows machine, I have
> the 3.50c source to hand.

Thanks for the offer. Personally, I know next to nothing about compiling a
program for Windows. Or even what kind of older(?) tools and tricks that might
be required for compiling such 'ancient' v3.50 source code, ha.

Post a reply to this message

>> It is available at the POV-Ray site itself:
>>
>> https://www.povray.org/ftp/pub/povray/Old-Versions/Official-3.5/Windows/
>>

> Great! Many thanks. Just out of curiosity, is there an obvious or official link
> to that page, somewhere in the newsgroups?
>
> I wonder if there are even earlier versions available, tucked away in some
> equally obscure(?) location.

Yes. Go to the official site: https://www.povray.org/download/

Scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find "Old Versions of
POV-Ray". They tell us that all official releases since version 1.0 can
be found there (old version tree).

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message