POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Size of Obj - Newbie question Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:00:16 EDT (-0400)
  Size of Obj - Newbie question (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: CharlesM
Subject: Size of Obj - Newbie question
Date: 5 Jun 2007 10:05:02
Message: <web.46656d2b653ee7d6a1ab4a650@news.povray.org>
When I create a cylinder in Moray I why is the radius of the circle greater
that 1 unit when the properties bar says it is 1 unit?

sorry if this is a bit basic question but it's been driving me crazy

Post a reply to this message

> When I create a cylinder in Moray I why is the radius of the circle
> greater
> that 1 unit when the properties bar says it is 1 unit?
>
> sorry if this is a bit basic question but it's been driving me crazy

Aren't you mistaking diameter and radius?
Or check local coordinates
Or is your cylinder in a scaled group or CSG?

Marc

Post a reply to this message

> When I create a cylinder in Moray I why is the radius of the circle greater
> that 1 unit when the properties bar says it is 1 unit?
>
> sorry if this is a bit basic question but it's been driving me crazy

What you are seeing seems strange because that should not happen. Besides

change the grid size so that the cylinder would look bigger than it is.
Another check would be, put the cursor over the outline and its coordinates
should appear on the Status bar.

Stephen