POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray not working Server Time
18 Apr 2024 10:46:16 EDT (-0400)
  Moray not working (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: timberwolf
Subject: Moray not working
Date: 30 Apr 2007 05:05:02
Message: <web.4635b0bbd65b5a6b5b1be840@news.povray.org>
I have just got a new computer running Vista and tried to download Moray
onto it. The program installs etc fine but when started I am getting one
big blank screen where the objects should be drawn, apart from that
everything else is there. Any ideas?? Is Moray not compatable with vista??

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

timberwolf <dvb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I have just got a new computer running Vista and tried to download Moray
> onto it. The program installs etc fine but when started I am getting one
> big blank screen where the objects should be drawn, apart from that
> everything else is there.

  I suppose that's Microsoft's idea of backwards compatibility...

  Anyways, have to tried editing the program properties of Moray
(from the right-button menu on Moray's icon) to see if there's some
"XP compatibility mode" or whatever?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> timberwolf <dvb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > I have just got a new computer running Vista and tried to download Moray
> > onto it. The program installs etc fine but when started I am getting one
> > big blank screen where the objects should be drawn, apart from that
> > everything else is there.
>
>   I suppose that's Microsoft's idea of backwards compatibility...
>
>   Anyways, have to tried editing the program properties of Moray
> (from the right-button menu on Moray's icon) to see if there's some
> "XP compatibility mode" or whatever?
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

I tried all sorts in the properties but it turns out the "disable desktop
composition" was the only one needed to be checked. Thanks for your help,
that's great!
                                                              David