POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray Features and Animation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Moray Features and Animation (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Andrew Reeves
Subject: Moray Features and Animation
Date: 16 Jun 1998 22:00:02
Message: <6m786n$fn4$1@oz.aussie.org>
G'day Lutz

If these have already been brought up, accept my apologies!

I am using V3.01 Build 2474

I have noticed that if you have multiple cameras, the most recently selected
camera is used for rendering, not the camera used in the camera window. It
would be nice to have Moray default to this camera especially after
reloading a file. What happens is if Cam2 is selected and displayed but Cam1
appears higher in the list, after reloading Moray defaults to Cam1 while
displaying Cam2!

Another nice feature would be to be able to hide cameras, the XYZ direction
lines, and grid lines. Preferable a quick toggle button to allow you to more
clearly see a complex scene.

For future versions, it would be great to incorporate an animation system.
Chris Colefax has a fantastic spline curve inc file. It would be great to be
able to create and edit motion spline curves in Moray for objects, cameras
and lights. To add to this, a quick preview would be fantastic. Either using
wireframe or OpenGL (or both) a quick rendering of the animation could be
done in Moray which would allow you to preview the movement of objects in
the scene before rendering. Most of my time spent creating animations is
checking camera and object movements, if an AVI file could be created and
displayed in Moray, it could cut down a 48 hour preview render to only a
matter of minutes or seconds.

Post a reply to this message

Hi Andrew Reeves, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I am using V3.01 Build 2474
You should download Buil;d 2483.

> I have noticed that if you have multiple cameras, the most recently selected
> camera is used for rendering, not the camera used in the camera window. It
> would be nice to have Moray default to this camera especially after
> reloading a file. What happens is if Cam2 is selected and displayed but Cam1
> appears higher in the list, after reloading Moray defaults to Cam1 while
> displaying Cam2!
I also am not quite satisfied with the way the render camera is
determined at the moment, but I'm not quite certain how to solve it.
The problem arises when more than one viewport contains a camera.
Which one to choose?

I think the next version will simply include a 'Render this view'
checkbox in the Cameras Edit Tab.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Hendrik Knaepen
Date: 16 Dec 1998 16:38:08
Message: <36782840.0@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar heeft geschreven in bericht
<358### [at] 19417421410>...
>I also am not quite satisfied with the way the render camera is
>determined at the moment, but I'm not quite certain how to solve it.
>The problem arises when more than one viewport contains a camera.
>Which one to choose?
>
>I think the next version will simply include a 'Render this view'
>checkbox in the Cameras Edit Tab.
>
>- Lutz
>  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray
Why only in the camera-views?  With POVs orthographic camera you could also
render the other viewports (which might be useful).
ZK