POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : INC files and Moray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  INC files and Moray (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Takis Paktitis
Subject: INC files and Moray
Date: 2 May 1998 04:44:44
Message: <6iemf2$n3p$1@oz.aussie.org>
Does anyone know how can I make work some third party .inc files with Moray
for Win. I want to "embed" some of them in a scene within the graphical
interface, not with editing the exported .pov file.
I also want to how can I "import" a .pov file in Moray for Win.
Thanks in advance

Post a reply to this message

Hi Takis Paktitis, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Does anyone know how can I make work some third party .inc files with Moray
> for Win. I want to "embed" some of them in a scene within the graphical
> interface, not with editing the exported .pov file.
You can use the Scene | Settings | Includes menu to add a n include
file to your scene. But you can't set any parameters that the include
file may want (for example the lensflares).

> I also want to how can I "import" a .pov file in Moray for Win.
This is not possible.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 3 May 1998 07:08:14
Message: <6ihj7l$rdf$1@oz.aussie.org>
Takis Paktitis wrote in message <6iemf2$n3p$1@oz.aussie.org>...
>Does anyone know how can I make work some third party .inc files with Moray
>for Win. I want to "embed" some of them in a scene within the graphical
>interface, not with editing the exported .pov file.

You can create your own Moray UDO:
Check out the moray website (downloadpage) for the description of how an UDO
file looks like (not too difficult actually).
It (roughly) works like this:
You have an INC file that describes some object in POV-Ray code. You then
write an UDO file that describes the same object for Moray (as a list of
vertices and edges), so that Moray can show the object. In Moray you can
transform the object as usual, and when exporting, Moray will simply exports
the code from the INC file (with the transforms applied).

>I also want to how can I "import" a .pov file in Moray for Win.

POV2MDL can be found at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/thbaier/tools.htm

But be aware that it only does POV 2.2 and not even then all complex scenes
get converted correctly. But to my best knowledge, nothing else exists.

Johannes.