POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Bug Report - Merged models export flag and groups Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Bug Report - Merged models export flag and groups (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: John D  Gwinner
Subject: Bug Report - Merged models export flag and groups
Date: 31 Dec 2004 14:10:50
Message: <41d5a43a$1@news.povray.org>
I had some sporadic GPF's with this but mostly some realy odd behaviour on
the import.

What happened is that when I exported an object with refrences to a CSG with
the 'no export' flag, these references got replaced with the same name
object in a new scene.

Here are the steps to reproduce:

1) Create a model, do some moderatly complex CSG and grouping.
2) Don't change any CSG or group names.  Create some references to other
objects.
3) Make a big copy of your original obecject.
4) On the ORIGINAL uncheck the box that says 'export'
5) Save the parent COPY object as an 'object' (this will create an MDL file)
6) Create a new file.  Add some new objects, with CSG and grouping.
7) Don't change any CSG or group names.  Create some references to other
objects.
8) Import (Merge) the model you saved in 5.

What will happen is that the CSG001 in the original will now 'link' to the
CGS001 in the new scene.

This really, really looks odd.  It may or may not be related to the 'export'
flag, it might be because I saved an object with references to objects that
I didn't save.

Did that make any sense?

        == John ==