POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Announce: POVInclude Version 1.1.2 - xforms, doc updates and dialog box fixes Server Time
1 May 2024 01:32:49 EDT (-0400)
  Announce: POVInclude Version 1.1.2 - xforms, doc updates and dialog box fixes (Message 17 to 26 of 26)
From: Neil Kolban
Subject: Re: Announce: POVInclude Version 1.1.2 - xforms, doc updates and dialog box fixes
Date: 28 Dec 2004 16:02:38
Message: <41d1c9ee$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen,
I have released Version 1.1.3 which now includes the "Export" checkbox.
Thanks for explaining what you wanted.  Now I fully understand.  Let me know
if this is what you needed.

Neil

http://www.kolban.com/3d/POVInclude.htm

"StephenS" <sshonfield(at)ottawa(dot)net> wrote in message
> > I looked at the Moray docs and they said:
> >
> > "This checkbox specifies whether this object will be exported."
> >
> > What does checking or not checking the box "actually" do?
> >
> > Neil
> What happens in code I have no idea.
>
> The result is:
>    checked, scene renders with the object
>    unchecked, Moray does not include any information from your plugin in
the
> resulting (.pov) file. All information is still saved with the (.mdl)
file.

> Currently using your plugin, if I want to 'not' see the include as part of
> the rendered image: I need to delete the plugin, or leave the filename
> blank.
>
> When I work on a scene, it is common for me to turn off/on (export/not
> export) different objects to see what effect they have on the rendered
> picture. Some objects increase the render time many times, so unless I'm
> specifically working on that part of the scene, I will turn them off (not
> export).
>
> I do not want to recreate the plugin or look for the include filename very
> time I test parts of the scene.
>
> Hopes this helps.
>
> Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Dec 2004 03:14:45
Message: <41d26775$1@news.povray.org>
Ah! Sptephen explained it all!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Dec 2004 03:19:02
Message: <41d26876@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> schreef in bericht
> Ah! Sptephen explained it all!

Sorry... Sptephen should be Stephen of course...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Dec 2004 03:22:38
Message: <41d2694e@news.povray.org>
Neil,
There is one feature we forgot about: the possibility to put the wireframe
object into a layer, like the other Moray objects. That would be interesting
I think during testing of scenes, as it enables you to make the objects
visible or not on the screen and give it its own distinguishing colour.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Neil Kolban
Date: 29 Dec 2004 11:46:01
Message: <41d2df49$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas,
Thanks buddy, I'm on it.  It has been added to the feature requests.

Neil

"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote in message
> Neil,
> There is one feature we forgot about: the possibility to put the wireframe
> object into a layer, like the other Moray objects. That would be
interesting
> I think during testing of scenes, as it enables you to make the objects
> visible or not on the screen and give it its own distinguishing colour.
>
> Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Date: 29 Dec 2004 12:27:56
Message: <41d2e91c$1@news.povray.org>
Your plugin is very useful!
I have only two problems:
- Due to difference to coordinate systems between POV-Ray and Moray I had to
exchange Y and Z values of the corners in the advanced settings dialog (I
have calculated the coordinates with the code in your very complete pdf
help).
- I haven't discovered why, but Moray crashes periodically after the
installation of your plugin. Perhaps there is a conflict with something. Is
possible to work saving often... an esample in moray binaries.

Thank you and good year,
;-)
Paolo

Post a reply to this message

From: Neil Kolban
Date: 29 Dec 2004 13:43:07
Message: <41d2fabb@news.povray.org>
Paolo,
Crashes caused by the POVInclude plugin will be my number 1 concern.  If the
plugin causes Moray to crash, I can't think of anything more serious as work
will be lost.  I urge you (as you said) to save your work often.

So far, I have personally encountered no crashes due to POVInclude but that
does NOT mean that it is not possible.  Please, if you or anyone else finds
a pattern or a crash, please, please report at once.  Ideally, include the
last set of things attempted or what operation was being executed when the
crash occurred.

I am not sure I understand your coordinate system comment.  Is there
something wrong in POVInclude or a feature that needs added?  I am more than
happy to oblige.

Thanks again for the comments my friend.

Neil

"Paolo Gibellini" <p.g### [at] teinoscom> wrote in message
> Your plugin is very useful!
> I have only two problems:
> - Due to difference to coordinate systems between POV-Ray and Moray I had
> exchange Y and Z values of the corners in the advanced settings dialog (I
> have calculated the coordinates with the code in your very complete pdf
> help).
> - I haven't discovered why, but Moray crashes periodically after the
> installation of your plugin. Perhaps there is a conflict with something.
Is
> possible to work saving often... an esample in moray binaries.
>
> Thank you and good year,
> ;-)
> Paolo

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Dec 2004 07:27:25
Message: <41d3f42d@news.povray.org>
"Paolo Gibellini" <p.g### [at] teinoscom> schreef in bericht
> Your plugin is very useful!
> I have only two problems:
> - Due to difference to coordinate systems between POV-Ray and Moray I had
> exchange Y and Z values of the corners in the advanced settings dialog (I
> have calculated the coordinates with the code in your very complete pdf
> help).

What Paolo means I think is that the calculated corners are POV-Ray oriented
vectors. If you re-orient in Moray, you have to exchange the Y and Z values
in the Advanced section, i.e. Moray-orient them.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Dec 2004 08:08:00
Message: <41d3fdb0@news.povray.org>

> "Paolo Gibellini" <p.g### [at] teinoscom> schreef in bericht
> > Your plugin is very useful!
> > I have only two problems:
> > - Due to difference to coordinate systems between POV-Ray and Moray I
had
> > exchange Y and Z values of the corners in the advanced settings dialog
(I
> > have calculated the coordinates with the code in your very complete pdf
> > help).
>
> What Paolo means I think is that the calculated corners are POV-Ray
oriented
> vectors. If you re-orient in Moray, you have to exchange the Y and Z
values
> in the Advanced section, i.e. Moray-orient them.

Yes, I tested again. Paolo is right. I had not realized that consciously
:-)
Maybe this is something to note in the documentation. It is quite obvious,
but it may confuse users the first time.
On the other hand, if you are used to switch between Moray and POV-Ray, it
becomes almost automatic...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Date: 3 Jan 2005 03:42:57
Message: <41d90591$1@news.povray.org>
> What Paolo means I think is that the calculated corners are POV-Ray
> oriented
> vectors. If you re-orient in Moray, you have to exchange the Y and Z
> values

Yes!
Thomas was very clear!

> On the other hand, if you are used to switch between Moray and POV-Ray, it
> becomes almost automatic...
... and this is anyway the solution ;-)

Thank you,
;-)