POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Feature request x2 Server Time
25 May 2024 13:35:21 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request x2 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Feature request x2
Date: 18 Jan 2004 14:20:28
Message: <400adc7c@news.povray.org>
Of enormous use would be the ability to lock an object relative to the
camera's position, which would fix the object along and perpendicular
to the look-at vector of the camera.  The current relative-to-object
feature of the camera just isn't very useful, since if you set the
camera looking at 0,0,0 positioned y-5 relative to an object at 0,0,0
then move the object anywhere but along the y axis, the camera will
no longer be looking at it.

Furthermore, it would be good if Moray supported the additional
camera types available in POV, e.g. omnidirectional, ortho, etc.

Post a reply to this message

I support this, especially the camera types.

Thomas

"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> schreef in bericht
> Of enormous use would be the ability to lock an object relative to the
> camera's position, which would fix the object along and perpendicular
> to the look-at vector of the camera.  The current relative-to-object
> feature of the camera just isn't very useful, since if you set the
> camera looking at 0,0,0 positioned y-5 relative to an object at 0,0,0
> then move the object anywhere but along the y axis, the camera will
> no longer be looking at it.
>
> Furthermore, it would be good if Moray supported the additional
> camera types available in POV, e.g. omnidirectional, ortho, etc.

Post a reply to this message

I'll be very glad too, I could use another camera types.
Kutloch