POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Media artifacts Server Time
26 Jun 2024 05:13:00 EDT (-0400)
  Media artifacts (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Media artifacts
Date: 17 Jan 2003 09:29:17
Message: <3e28133d@news.povray.org>
In Moray.Binaries, i shall post an image of a scene in which a scattering
Media is used. There are however, artifacts visible in the upper half of th
image (featureless, irregular, light spots) that do not correspond to
anything in the image.
Some info:
- The space is a CSG object that I made hollow for good measure (don't know
if it is important or not)
- the Media is contained into a hollow cube around the CSG
- inside the CSG, there are 3 spotlights shining down (one invisible), and
one spotlight held by the figure in the foreground
- the sun outside is another spotlight, within the Media cube, and shining
through round holes in the roof.
- as general info: The truck and the elephant come from the Taschen book:
"500 3D-Objects" that was published last year

I have changed the scaling of the Media, but the artifact spots remain. So
what is happening? How can I make them disappear?

Here are the Media characteristics:
#declare EnvironmentalBox =
   material {
      texture {
         pigment {
            color rgb <1.0, 1.0, 1.0>
         }
      }
      interior {
         media {
            samples 1,100
            scattering {
               1 ,  rgb <0.03, 0.03, 0.03>/25 // isotropic scattering
            }
         }
      }
   }