POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : HamaPatch Question Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:37:10 EDT (-0400)
  HamaPatch Question (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: HamaPatch Question
Date: 21 Jul 2002 11:12:21
Message: <3d3acf55@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I finally got started using HamaPatch, after having it for about a year. I
was making something in Moray, and found that part of it would be impossible
with Moray. Here's my problem:
I made an irregular spline that is half of a symetrical spline that I want
to extrude. To get the second (right) half to match the first (left), I
copied, pasted, and rotated to get two matching halves. I then welded the
common center point. It appears to be one spline; I can select all the
points and move it around, but when I click on "extrude", all the points on
the right side get de-selected, and only the left side will extrude. I've
tried it several times in different ways, always with the same results. What
am I doing wrong?
Thank you,
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message

> I made an irregular spline that is half of a symetrical spline that I want
> to extrude. To get the second (right) half to match the first (left), I
> copied, pasted, and rotated to get two matching halves. I then welded the
> common center point. It appears to be one spline; I can select all the
> points and move it around, but when I click on "extrude", all the points
on
> the right side get de-selected, and only the left side will extrude. I've
> tried it several times in different ways, always with the same results.
What
> am I doing wrong?

Sometimes I get the same behaviour in Hamapatch.

One thing that usually works for this is:
When you got the half spline, clone it.
Then flip it in the axis you need to (model -> flip (whatever axis))
Close the spline.
Extrude it
Usually that works.

Hope this helps.

Txemi Jendrix
tji### [at] txemijendrixcom
http://www.txemijendrix.com

Post a reply to this message

I tried that, and it still does the same thing. I think it must have
something to do with the way I'm connecting the two halves. I'm going to
look at the tutorials and see if I can find a clue there.
Steve
Txemi Jendrix <tji### [at] euskalnetnet> wrote in message

> 3d3acf55@news.povray.org...
> > I made an irregular spline that is half of a symetrical spline that I
want
> > to extrude. To get the second (right) half to match the first (left), I
> > copied, pasted, and rotated to get two matching halves. I then welded
the
> > common center point. It appears to be one spline; I can select all the
> > points and move it around, but when I click on "extrude", all the points
> on
> > the right side get de-selected, and only the left side will extrude.
I've
> > tried it several times in different ways, always with the same results.
> What
> > am I doing wrong?
>
> Sometimes I get the same behaviour in Hamapatch.
>
> One thing that usually works for this is:
> When you got the half spline, clone it.
> Then flip it in the axis you need to (model -> flip (whatever axis))
> Close the spline.
> Extrude it
> Usually that works.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Txemi Jendrix
> tji### [at] txemijendrixcom
> http://www.txemijendrix.com

Post a reply to this message

> I tried that, and it still does the same thing. I think it must have
> something to do with the way I'm connecting the two halves. I'm going to
> look at the tutorials and see if I can find a clue there.

If you want, send me the hamapatch file so I can take a look.

Txemi Jendrix
tji### [at] txemijendrixcom
http://www.txemijendrix.com