POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : A reed object Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:43:11 EDT (-0400)
  A reed object (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: A reed object
Date: 17 Jul 2002 09:32:10
Message: <3d3571da$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all!

To moray.binaries, I have sent a zip file with a fairly simple reed object,
made in sPatch (file included) and adapted in Moray so as to make it IK
positionable.
This means that you can bend it in every way possible, depending on the
virtual wind blowing through your PC.

I included an image of reed clusters made from this object. I used the
duplicate2 plugin (for Moray) by Steffen Hartleib (I don't remember where I
got it! Probably here?) to build the first cluster, and duplicated that as a
reference shape. See the mdl file for details.

Suggestions are welcome. Large scenes with this object are not really
possible I'm afraid.

Thomas de Groot

Post a reply to this message

Do you have any other info about the 'duplicate2' plugin?  It sounds
interesting, but I can't find it or any mention of it.  Can you post the
plug-in file(s) for us?

Thanks

Tony

"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote in message
> Hi all!
>
> To moray.binaries, I have sent a zip file with a fairly simple reed
object,
> made in sPatch (file included) and adapted in Moray so as to make it IK
> positionable.
> This means that you can bend it in every way possible, depending on the
> virtual wind blowing through your PC.
>
> I included an image of reed clusters made from this object. I used the
> duplicate2 plugin (for Moray) by Steffen Hartleib (I don't remember where
> got it! Probably here?) to build the first cluster, and duplicated that as
> reference shape. See the mdl file for details.
>
> Suggestions are welcome. Large scenes with this object are not really
> possible I'm afraid.
>
> Thomas de Groot

Post a reply to this message

I'll send it to moray.binaries, right away.

Thomas